Spring always brings with it a flurry of social activities, family get-togethers, and the most important event of all—weddings. Perhaps you have a friend or a family member readying themselves for their big day. Are you wondering what you could do to present yourself at the event in the best way possible?
Well, we have a suggestion for you—teeth whitening. This non-invasive procedure is a guaranteed way to enhance your appearance.
Let’s take a look at the typical teeth whitening process.
What Does the Teeth Whitening Process Entail?
A typical teeth whitening procedure can take anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of what you could expect.
- Once you arrive at the appointment, you will be comfortably seated in the chair. To begin with, the dentist will insert a lip retractor to separate your lips in order to get access to your teeth.
- For the next step, your dentist will cover your gums with a gel to form a gingival barrier. This will protect your gums from the bleaching chemicals used during the procedure. In case you have sensitivity, the dentist would apply an additional compound to your teeth.
- The actual teeth whitening process begins now, with the dentist applying a hydrogen peroxide gel to your teeth. The gel can penetrate the outer layer of your teeth and rip through the staining in a process called oxidation.
- Since the whitening process requires multiple applications, your dentist will rinse off your teeth before applying several rounds of coating. The total depends on the level of whitening required.
- Though not compulsory, some dentists may offer a round of fluoride treatment after the whitening procedure to keep your teeth from staining.
Once the procedure is complete, the dentist is likely to advise you to refrain from consuming foods that can discolor or stain your teeth. These include:
- Red wine
You may also be asked to stop smoking or using tobacco products for a few days.
To sum it up, an in-office teeth whitening process is your best bet to get a bright and refreshing smile in under two hours. At Sweetwater Dental Studio, we will ensure that your smile is ready for that closeup.
Contact Sweetwater Dental Studio for a session if you have a wedding coming up and get ready to look your best. Call (832) 939-9999 to book your appointment now.